Looking for your next meal prep recipe? Try out this Mediterranean Sheet Pan Chicken and Veggies recipe adapted from Half Baked Harvest!
I love making Mediterranean foods – did you know there are a lot of health benefits to eating a Mediterranean diet? Research shows that people following a Mediterranean diet have reduced risk for cardiovascular disease, cancer, diabetes, Alzheimer’s disease, and inflammation (an underlying process of most chronic diseases). Following a Mediterranean diet can also promote healthy weight maintenance.
A Mediterranean diet is packed with plant-based foods, lean meats, and heart healthy fats. The emphasis on plant-based foods means adding a lot of antioxidants (the compounds that give plants their bright colors) to the diet which help fight inflammation. Heart healthy fats are also anti-inflammatory and include avocados, olive oil, nuts, and seeds. To learn more about the Mediterranean diet head on over to Today’s Dietitian.
Mediterranean Sheet Pan Chicken and Veggies Recipe
Serves 4 – Prep Time 15 Minutes – Cook Time 45 Minutes
- 2 chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 lemons
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 medium sweet potato, sliced
- 1 small cauliflower, florets
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 bundle broccolini
- 1 sweet onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 1/4 cup oil packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- Preheat oven to 425F
- On a rimmed baking sheet, combine chicken, 2 tablespoons olive oil, juice of one lemon, balsamic vinegar, dill, paprika, garlic and salt & pepper. Toss well to coat the chicken. Add the sweet potato, cauliflower, broccolini, bell pepper, and onions. Drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoons olive oil. Arrange in an even layer. Add lemon slices (from remaining lemon) and transfer to the oven. Roast for 40-45 minutes, tossing halfway through cooking until the chicken is cooked and veggies are crispy.
- While the chicken cooks combine feta, sun-dried tomatoes, and olives in a bowl
- Top chicken with feta mixture to serve!
Get the original recipe from Half Baked Harvest here.